The underground energized healing spring water is the main factor in traditional spas in Europe, where the practice of using it is called Balneotherapy.
Bathing in mineral waters, and also drinking them in small quantities – under medical advice – can help the body heal itself from different diseases
When water crosses the underground layers of rocks, dissolve them and come to the surface as mineral water – it’s properties is different from region to region, even from spring to spring. – the deepest layer it comes from, the hottest it is…
Healing Spring Water Benefits:
The temperature is not necessarily the characteristic of spring waters – the healing effect comes mostly, from the mineral composition of this springs and the geothermal energy of this underground water.
Classified upon the specific mineral composition, healing spring water can different different therapeutic properties:
- Trace minerals such as: carbon dioxide, sulfur, calcium, magnesium, and lithium are absorbed by the body and provide healing effects to various body organs and systems
- Sulfuric waters for instance, can have a therapeutic effect on skin diseases, including: psoriasis, dermatitis, and fungal infections
- Some mineral waters are also used to help the healing of wounds and other skin injuries
Bathing in mineral waters, and also drinking them in small quantities – under medical advice – can help the body heal itself from different diseases like:
heart and blood-vessel deficiencies (myocarditis, heart valve),
- diseases of the alimentary canal (hypo acid gastritis, gall bladder dyskinesia, chronic cholecystitis, chronic hepatitis, etc.)
- metabolic and nutrition disorders (diabetes mellitus, obesity, etc.),
- women diseases,
- chronic diseases of the kidneys and urinary system (kidney lithiasis, chronic pyelonephritis, chronic glomerulonephritis),
- respiratory (microbial or viral pneumopathy, allergic asthma, bronchitis, etc.)
- otorhynolaryngological diseases (laryngitis, nasal and sinusal allergy),
- associated diseases (degenerative and articular rheumatism , asthenic neurosis, endocrine disorders, etc.),
- dermatological (incipient ichthyosis, chronic eczema and rush, neurodermatitis, acne, etc.),
- Gynecological problems
Bathing In Mineral Spring Water
Immersing oneself in mineral water is the most popular form of balneology. Therapeutic bathing may involve soaking in water at neck-level, as we would do in an ordinary swimming pool, for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, 2 or 3 times a day.
“The energy in spring water is said to have excellent effects on our health, enhancing the correct energy fields necessary for our human bodies” – says Charlie Ryrie, the author of “The Healing Energies of Water ” – She teaches us how to access the energy locked within water molecules to:
- combat conditions like PMS, fatigue, respiratory problems and joint pain
- take advantage of water’s natural properties for beautifying and rejuvenating skin
- use water as vibrational medicine
The book gives lots of up to the minute information about healing with water, both through healthy drinking practices and bathing.
Bathing In Hot Spring Water
Thermal spring water facilitate healing in a number of important ways:
Bathing in hot springs gradually increases the temperature of the body, thus killing harmful germs and viruses.
Thermal bathing increases hydrostatic pressure on the body, thus increasing blood circulation and cell oxygenation.
The increase in blood flow also helps dissolve and eliminate toxins from the body.
Hot springs bathing increases the flow of oxygen-rich blood throughout the body, bringing improved nourishment to vital organs and tissues.
Bathing in thermal water increases body metabolism, including stimulating the secretions of the intestinal tract and the liver, aiding digestion.
Water Therapy For Gynecological Problems
Balneotherapy – with its proven ability to soothe, disinfect, reduce pain and normalize metabolic process – can be an important part of a holistic approach to treating a wide variety of disorders particularly related to to women’s health.
Sovata, Romania is a unique place in Europe, established on the Bear Lake, with helio-thermal and salty water well known for its therapeutic benefits on chronic gynecological symptoms, severe rheumatic pains, peripheral nervous system and post-accidental motor diseases.
Inhaling Mineral Spring Water
nhaling healing mineral water as vapor can be effective in helping treat asthma, allergies and other respiratory problems.
In some European spa clinics, the mineral water is administered as mist through an oxygen mask or with an inhaler. In spa resorts like Bad Wildbad in Germany’s Black forest, the water is released from a fountain equipped with a special mist producing nozzle – you stay over the fountain, push a button and inhale a fine spray. It is also a currently medical practice to recommend humidifiers for individuals with asthma and chronic sinusitis.
The Drinking Cure Of Healing Spring Water
Thermal and mineral waters are often indicated for treating a wide range of gastrointestinal disorders, including problems with the stomach and duodenum, gastroenteritis, ulcer and constipation.
Substances in the water are absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract affecting its functions. Research has shown that:
Drinking salt spring water, rich in carbon acid increases gastric mucosal blood flow and enhances the ability of the stomach to eliminate toxins.
Drinking carbonated waters over a 4-week period (at spring spas) has been found to normalize gastric acid secretions among patients with chronic gastritis or ulcer.
Research carried out at the famous Olanesti Spa in Romania showed that mineral waters have an inhibiting effect on stomach acidity, making these waters popular among patient with the inflammation of the duodenum.
The nutritional components of certain mineral waters can help prevent kidney, bone, metabolic and cardiovascular diseases.
– water rich in calcium can help reduce risks of osteoporosis and
– water rich in magnesium may help prevent hypertension.
Healing spring water consumed directly at the source is not the same as commercially bottled water taken from the same spring and processed at the bottling plant. – Some minerals and gases tend to oxidize within hours after leaving the earth and many no longer have the therapeutic effects for which they are known.
– While these healing spring waters at the source have to be consume in small quantities (as recommended by doctors), bottled waters can be consumed in unlimited amounts to satisfy thirst.
According to TripAdvisor.com,
Some Of The Best Spa Resorts In Europe Include
Tuscany, Italy – a place known for its bubbling waters from the Romans time. It’s especially recommended for people with degenerative arthritis and rheumatism.
Iceland – is a place with a lot of geothermal activity, producing hot and steaming springs, rich in minerals with curative properties. It also known for the beautiful surroundings.
Baden-Baden, Black Forest, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany – located at the base of the Black Forest mountains. the place was well known since the Romans time for the salt and radon-rich thermal hot springs
Bath, Somerset, England, United Kingdom – a natural thermal spa based on healing spring water, also known by the Romans and local Celts.
Karlovy Vary, Bohemia, Czech Republic – Well known since the 16th century, for its curative springs in metabolic and gastrointestinal disorders.
Spa resorts offer an abundance of medical treatments using healing spring water, sea water and land alternative practices offering different health benefits in addition to relieving stress.